Question

Export Time

• 31 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I’ve complained to the help desk before but need to do it more publicly here. The export process of Copper is Awful - and will be the reason I do leave Copper. The number of times I’ve had to wait HOURS for simple exports is INSANE. I never know when I’m going to get them. When I do exports it means I need them IMMEDIATELY. 

I’m not even getting into the fact there is only one export format and I then need to spend time cleaning up fields I don’t need or want. Really horrible process. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Amy Pritchard, thank you for your feedback. Looks like our support team tried to reach out a while ago but didn’t hear back from you. I’ve let them know you’re still facing this issue, and they’re going to continue investigating. We’ve also forwarded your feedback to the product team.

In the meantime, have you tried exporting through our Google Sheets Add-on? It allows you to export directly to a Google Sheet, and I’m hoping it can process the export faster for you.

To use it:

1. Open up a new Google Sheet and go to Extensions > Add-ons > Get add-ons > search for “Copper CRM” > Install
  2. Once it’s installed, go to Extensions > Copper CRM > Import Data.
  3. A right-side panel will open up where you can choose the record type (People, Companies, etc) and, optionally, if you want to export only a certain filter

I’ll put a video below.

Let me know if that’s a viable option while we investigate. Thanks Amy!

Oh, also wanted to add that I actually prefer the Google Sheets Add-on for exporting. There are a couple of reasons for that - 

1. You can have multiple exports in one Google Sheets file. So I can have one tab for a People export, another for Companies, and so on.
  2. You can refresh the data rather than re-doing the export. This is really handy if you are building a report off the sheet.
  3. You can delete unnecessary columns from your export. So in any future refreshes you don’t have to deal with extra columns.
Userlevel 1

@Amy Pritchard - I hear your frustration and want to say that if you haven’t tried the Copper extension on Google Sheets that @Michelle from Copper suggested above, I can attest that it is a very workable alternative once you get the idea of how to use it.   It works much faster than the Copper export feature and you don’t have to open your email and download an attachment, instead you can work directly on Google Sheets or export from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lori K glad it’s working well for you! I absolutely love it for anything that I need to export on a regular basis.

@Amy Pritchard let me know if you end up giving it a try!

We have too many records for the google sheets extension- I’ve tried to work with it multiple times. The inability to customize the fields that are exported is also a huge frustration.