Question

Where are my forwarded emails?

• 11 January 2023
  • 1 reply

New User

When I forward an email inside google, I can’t find it anymore.

Any idea where it is?  Or what setting I need to change so it doesn’t disappear.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SHIPNAT, thanks for posting and welcome to Copper!

It sounds like you are forward an email from inside Google to a colleague, and as soon as you do that, the email disappears from your Gmail inbox. Is that correct?

If that’s the case, that sounds more like an issue with Gmail and Google Workspace than with Copper. We can only help with Copper issues, but I do have some suggestions for you to try:

1. Use the search bar at the top of Gmail to look for the email. If you can find it in the search, that tells us that the email still exists in your Gmail somewhere, and maybe it’s just not visible from your main inbox view.
  2. After you forward an email, check the “Sent” section of Gmail. If it’s there, that tells us the email was successfully forwarded.
  3. Take a look at your inbox settings. In some cases, Gmail will automatically move a read/opened email to another section - I have an example picture below. Is it possible that once you forward your email, it moved to another section? If that’s the case, I recommend setting you inbox to show all emails in the order they came in, instead of having Gmail sort them into different sections. You can do this by going to Setting (the gear icon at the top right) > Inbox Type > Default.

Again, this sounds like a Gmail issue and not a Copper issue, so if the above doesn’t work then I recommend you reach out to your Google Workspace admin. Let me know if that makes sense!