Solved

Saving customized 'List View' and exporting according to customized list.

• 21 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

We are having two issues regarding the List View capabilities in the Pipeline: 

1. I am wondering if there’s a way to save a customized list view so that other people in the team can see the same columns/fields used and the order in which they have been organized. One can save custom filters in the pipeline, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to save the Custom Columns and their customized order in “List View” mode. 
  2. There really seems to be an issue with the ‘exporting to Excel’ capabilities in List View. No matter which of the three ‘Export Opportunities’ options I choose, the system exports ALL of the fields, not only the ones I have chosen in Custom Columns. The hope would be to be able to export the List View such as is being presented in Copper, with only the Custom Columns chosen. 

If anyone knows how to fix these issues, I would very much appreciate any help. Otherwise, it would be an idea for the Product Team to look into.

Thank you!

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 22 December 2022, 21:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dhorth, thanks for posting! To answer your questions:

1. Saving (and sharing) columns in list view: you are correct that when you share a list with a teammate it will show them the same rows (ie records) but not necessarily the same columns. Our product team has been thinking about how to improve list views as a whole, so I’ll make sure they receive a copy of your feedback as well. In the meantime, if you upvote this Idea thread, we will notify you if this feature gets developed.
  2. Export gives you all the fields: yes, exporting does give you all the fields. We have an open Idea about that here, which I recommend you upvote so that we can notify you on any updates. In the meantime, if you are regularly exporting, you can make it easier by using our Google Sheets add-on. The benefit is that the first time you use the add-on to export to Google Sheets, you can delete all the fields/columns you don’t need. Then when you refresh the data, it will only pull in the fields you left in the sheet.

Thank you Daniel and let me know your thoughts!