Solved

People who move to a new Company - How To best manage

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am interested in how we can best manage a Person who moves from Company A to Company B.

Do we just  change their email address and other details or do we create a whole new record? If we create a new record, what do we do with the record from Company A?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 5 December 2022, 22:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DavidM, that’s a great question! The key thing to keep in mind is that each contact profile contains their email history, calendar events, etc. So ask yourself: when a contact moves to a new company, do I want to keep those historical emails, notes, etc attached to their old company? Or do I want them to follow over to the new company?

If you want those historical emails to stay associated with the old company, I recommend creating a new separate record for when they join the new company. Just make sure to clearly label their old profile - e.g. (Michelle Lee - ex-employee).

If it’s more important to keep all of that contact’s communications together in one spot, then edit their existing profile with the new company and new work email address. This means all their new and historical emails will be associated with the new company, and will be removed from the old company.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if that helped.

Thanks Michelle - that works and makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@DavidM glad I could help! I’m going to mark my original response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily. Let us know if any other questions come up!