Question

opportunity conversion rate between stages

• 31 May 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I'd like to build a Funnel conversion report, to track opportunity conversion rate between stages in my pipeline. My goal is to confirm wether the win probability % for each pipeline stage is accurate or not, and to monitor its evolution over time.

Could you help me do that please?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Camille

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Camille

Of course, I’d be happy to help you. To clarify, are you:

1. Looking for the conversion rate of each stage in your pipeline? 
  2. Having every opportunity move through each stage in the pipeline? 

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Hi @Natalie from Copper,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

That would be option 1. I want to make sure that the win probability of each stage of my pipeline is accurate so that my sales forecast makes sense, thus I’m looking for the conversion rate between each stage of my pipeline. 

Ideally, I would also track the evolution of these conversion rates over time, and for each team member.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks again for your support.

Best,

Camille

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @Camille! I’m working on a video for you.

Thanks a lot for your help @Natalie from Copper

Much appreciated!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Camille Below is a video I created to help define the conversion rate of each stage in your pipeline and how to compare it with the win probability. Please provide feedback or ask any questions so I can ensure you get the correct data you’re looking for. 

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Hi @Natalie from Copper,

Thanks a lot for the video! I did the table as described, but it is not really what I expected. As opportunities move in the sales pipeline from step 1 to step 2… all the way to step Z before we close it, it gives a 0% win rate for all steps except for step Z.

Thus, how can I track the win rate for a given pipeline stage, that is to say the number of won opportunities that have been in stage X over the total number of opportunities that have been in stage X for a given period of time ?

Or else, the number of opps that have moved from stage X to stage X+1 over the total number of opps that have been in stage X for a given period of time.

Do you think it would be possible to track this information?

Best,

Camille

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Camille,

Thank you for your patience while I speak with the greater team on this. 

I do have a potential solution but I’m not sure if it will fit your needs: Reverse engineer to find the lost opportunities % for each stage since all of the won opportunities will be in the final stage of your pipeline. By using the lost percentage we can identify the inverse of what would have moved through each stage in your pipeline. 

Would that be suitable to explore?

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro

Hi @Natalie from Copper,

Indeed, this works well with reverse engineering. Many thanks!

However, would it be possible to make some calculation from that in order to display the conversion rate? I couldn’t find the way.

And would it be possible to monitor the evolution of this metric over time? e.g. what’s the loss ratio (or even better the conversion rate) for each stage, for each quarter over the last 12 months?

→ Line chart spread over time, with a line for each stage

Thanks,

Camille

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Camille,

Thank you for the feedback! OK, I created another video option. Please review this and let me know what you think.

If we continue to have further modifications, I recommend us moving our conversation to a DM so we can schedule a quick Google Hangout meeting to talk through this with a screen share. 

I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Natalie Stambro