Question

Managing Company Priorities

• 18 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Greetings, is there a way to create and manage company task priorities in Copper? What I’m looking for specifically is the ability to add, update, and edit tasks with assignments in Copper for us as individuals and a team to manage to throughout the year.

My concern is that at times are spending time on activities that aren’t the main priorities, or not tackling our priorities in proper order.

Let me know the thoughts here, thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ronbrooks, thanks for posting!

Yes, we have a Tasks feature that you can access using the checkbox icon in the purple sidebar. It’s also available in our Chrome Extension and mobile apps for iOS and Android.

You can add, update, edit, and assign Tasks. So for example, if I want my colleague to do something, I can create a Task and assign it to them with a certain deadline. I can also set a reminder date. And if it’s something they need to do multiple times, I can set it to repeat every week, month, etc.

As for getting your team to tackle tasks in priority sequence - great question! Each Task has a box for you to indicate the Priority level. I’d recommend making a habit of filling that out, and when you open up the Task list for your team sort the list by Priority.

Here’s what that looks like for an individual Task:

And here’s what it looks like when you sort by Priority:

If you don’t see the Priority column in your Task list, click on the gear icon in the top right corner and click Customize Columns. This will give you a bunch of checkboxes to select which columns you want to see in your list.

You can also save filters to view only Tasks that are open, or due in the next week, or assigned to certain teammates. Those views, plus sorting by Priority, can help you create a list of things that need to be addressed immediately.

Let me know if that helps!